Regence offers the following
programs as enhancements to the total benefit package
provided to our members. These programs help our members
live healthier lives and reinforce and support treatment
plans from their physician or other health care professional.
This program provides one-on-one support for your patients
to set and reach goals for a healthier lifestyle. Participants
receive personalized support and educational resources
for health issues such as:
- Stress management
- Weight management
- And more – all with the focus of getting and
Health Coaches step participants through:
- Stages of change
- Assessing readiness
- Confidence to make changes
- Preparing to overcome barriers and meet goals
Our 24/7 nurse advice line program, administered through Alere, offers members:
- Toll-free access to registered nurses utilizing:
- Appropriate care advice and follow-up as necessary
- Education about prescriptions, lifestyle choices and tests
- General health information, including care for minor injuries and illnesses
- Online access to more than 700 videos, more than 300 MP3 files, as well as the following tools:
- News stories
- Symptom checkers
- Decision-making tools
- Monthly online newsletters
- Interactive games and quizzes
- Interactive images and tutorials
- Assistance in making more informed health care decisions 24-hours a day, seven days a week
Discounts are offered to our members from a number of leading
The Special Beginnings® Maternity Management program
provides a nurse advice line, available toll-free, 24
hours a day, 7 days a week. The program includes:
- Prenatal education
- Help finding resources
- Individual needs assessment
- Personal support to help achieve a healthy pregnancy
and ultimately a healthy, full-term baby
Many members’ benefits include Special Beginnings
at no additional cost. Call our Special Beginnings Department
during business hours to verify patient eligibility,
1 (888) 569-2229..
The Pregnancy Center
All members can use the Pregnancy Health Center through myRegence.com.
The website offers:
- Labor & Delivery
- 9-Month MiracleTM
- Before you get pregnant
- Special-care pregnancies
- Planning for baby’s arrival
- Your baby’s first few weeks
Regence Bariatric Program
Our evidenced based program isdesigned to reduce the prevalence
and incidence of obesity. The Regence Bariatric Program
is available to self-insured employer
groups as a buy-up program option.
Our bariatric program targets:
- The causes of obesity
- The treatment of obesity
- The prevention of obesity
The program is designed to reinforce the care you are providing by further educating and supporting patients in adhering to prescribed treatment and taking an active role in managing their health care needs.
Program goals are intended to help your patients:
- Get healthier
- Reduce medical costs
- Become more productive
The program is designed to reinforce the care you
are providing by further educating and supporting
patients in adhering to prescribed treatment and
taking an active role in managing their health care
Member Engagement Program
We are committed to ensuring our members can make informed choices surrounding access to, and receiving high quality, cost effective health care. Member Engagement, introduced in mid-December 2013, is administered through AIM Specialty HealthSM (AIM) and helps us achieve this commitment.
As part of this program, AIM performs proactive outreach to Oregon and Washington state based members by phone to alert them of overall health care cost savings opportunities for diagnostic Computed Tomography (CT) and Magnetic Resonance (MRI/MRA) services that require an order number through AIM.
AIM contacts the member to allow them the choice of reducing their overall health care expense by selecting high-quality, lower-cost providers or locations.
This program applies to our group and individual products, excluding the following members:
- Medicare Advantage PPO and HMO
- Members who are receiving oncology treatment
- Children under 18 who have an order for CT or MRI
- Members with multiple advanced radiology tests, such as CT with Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- The Federal Employee Program (FEP), Uniform Medical Plan (UMP) and all listed Administrative Service Only (ASO) groups (PDF)
Importance of completing your OptiNet assessment
All outpatient facilities who perform the advanced diagnostic imaging services noted above should submit a completed assessment for each modality that they offer using AIM's OptiNet online assessment tool. The provider will be asked to submit information in areas such as: staffing credentials/certifications for both technologists and physicians interpreting images, equipment specifications, quality assurance programs and policies, and accreditation statuses.
If a provider who performs the above imaging services does not complete an assessment, no facility information will be available about that provider to ordering physicians and members.
Register and view the assessment tool.